Clubs and societies
The Tutoring Club
About UsThis group is composed of tutors, from grades 12 and 13 only that share a passion for teaching. We each specialize in a specific subject and grade. Our service is offered to students from grade 7-11 of Immaculate Conception High as well as to students of Constant Spring Primary and Junior High School. This club is now divided into departments, namely Humanities, Languages, Business and The Sciences. Whether it is Math, Chemistry, Spanish or test preparation, our tutors are driven and focused in their assigned task/s. Our goal is to boost the confidence needed to succeed. We, warmly encourage all students who are falling behind in their classes or simply not getting ahead to become a member in this club which is targeted solely at success. With our enthusiasm and motivation, we have had excellent results.
Five Facts about the club
- This club has been existence for five years.
- This is a service club. Tutees are not entitled to pay for any tutorials and there are no hidden costs. Tutors, however, are required to pay monthly dues.
- Tutoring is done in all subject areas.
- Tutors work either internally or externally.
- Tutoring club is The BEST CLUB J
- Faculty advisor- Mrs. McCook
- President-Shanice Mattis
- Vice President-Kahlete Falloon
- Treasurers-Abigail Quallo and Jodi-Ann Fung
- Public Relation Officers-Ashley Reid and Amanda Jenkins
- Secretary-Kelsey McDonald
- Internal Coordinator-Vanessa Roseway
- External Coordinator-Lauri-Anne Edwards Murdock
Activities for Term One
- Sept. 13- Welcome to all tutors and prospective tutors (PowerPoint presentation)
- Sept. 24- Internal Tutorials begin
- Oct.1-External tutorials begin
- Nov.5-9 â€“ SBA reviews for grade 11 students
- Nov 12-16- IA reviews for sixth form students
- Nov.19-30- Past paper reviews part one (conducted by teachers)
- Nov.23- Bake Sale
- Dec.3-7- Past paper reviews part two (conducted by tutors)
- Dec.14- Mini-award ceremony and after-party