SPIRIT WEEK 2014
Theme: True Pride, Blue Pride
Monday, February 24, 2014- Friday, February 28, 2014
Spirit week was geared towards generating support from the ladies for both the school and the school family. The week also served to invest a form of pride in the students by getting them involved in activities that motivated them to work united under the common goal of promoting the school and celebrating both our phenomenal ladies & our phenomenal school.
- Monday, February 24 ,2014
The week began with general assembly and a pep rally during lunch which was lead by the VYBZ committee.
- Tuesday, February 25, 2014 â€“ Ms. Immaculate 2014 Pageant
After approximately one month of training and pre-pageant sessions (grooming and etiquette, banquet, outreach, photo shoot and video shoot), 13 contestants were put to the test. The pageant was hosted by Mr. Dennis Brooks and judged by Mrs. Kamila McDonald-Alcock, Ms. Simone Nelison, Ms. Danielle Martin and Ms. Brittany Singh. At the end of the pageant, 4th runner up was Ms. Judith Mitchell, 3rd runner up was Ms. Samantha Bennett, 2nd runner up was Zoe Heywood, 1st runner up was Ms. Sabrina Dacosta and Ms. Rachelle Biersay was crowned Ms. Immaculate 2014-2015.
- Wednesday, February 26, 2014 â€“ Teacherâ€™s Concert
This served as an avenue for teachers to exhibit school spirit through a presentation of their talents, & thereby encourage it by means of example.
- Thursday, February 27, 2014- Alumni Thursday
The Alumnae Association had a bake sale during lunch and organized a mini hall of fame in front of the cafeteria and in the library with representative to answer any questions the ladies had.
- Friday, February 28, 2014 â€“SPIRIT DAY
We concluded our spirit week 2014 with Spirit day. Activities included:
- A door decoration competition where the students decorated the front door of their classrooms based on their interpretation of the theme: â€˜True pride, Blue prideâ€™.
- Assembly which included the Spirit week theme songs and the school song remix
- Pep rally lead by a Marching band
- Visit from the big sisters who spoke about their experiences at Immaculate, memories & their interpretation of â€œTrue Pride, Blue Prideâ€
- Prefect Council Flash mob
- History Themed Scavenger
- Grand Concert which was hosted by Ms. Nadine Blair and included items from the steel band, orchestra, principals, dance troupe, sign language club, Best Talent from the Ms. Immaculate 2014 pageant and Ms. Immaculate 2014. We concluded the dayâ€™s activities with aerial photos to commemorate the weekâ€™s events.