Academic Clubs at Immaculate Conception High School are considered the most fun for campus life. The school carries a lot of places where a student can go to expand their knowlegde to produce even better quality work within the classroom. The results of these activites show very clearly for each student who particpates. Join Us!
Our Academics Include:
There is no Bible Quiz team information available at this time!
This club practices and competes in chess competitions on a regular basis. The members are coached by a chess master.
The major objective of this club is to afford members the experience of debating different points of views and facilitating public speaking.
The Spanish Club is an organization that enriches knowledge of the Spanish and Latin culture. This club does not exclude non-Spanish speakers, but it is for anyone willing to improve their cultural awareness.
Not only does this club enlighten its members of the rich heritage that lies within these countries but also speaks of the countries in its current state. This includes slang, fashion, sports, dance, music and much more.
- President: Justine Hughes
- Vice President: Marianne Konate-Hernandez
- Secretary: Shaneli Demercado
- Public Relations Officer: Renee Gordon
- Treasurer: Rennay Bartley
Junior Achievement Company
The Junior Achievement Company, an affiliate of the Jamaica Chamber of Commerce, is mostly for the 12th and 13th graders who are provided with the opportunity to form and operate a company. The club has manufactured many products for sale to corporate entities. Other fundraising events include ice cream sales and Karaoke.
The Library Club seeks to promote and improve the appearance of the library. Members also assist in maintaining and organizing library reference materials as well as helping the library to conduct its daily services its daily services. Outreach projects include book drives and conducting fundraisers in order to sponsor a golden age home.
School Challenge Quiz
Speed, agility and a competitive drive are just few of the requirements needed to be apart of the School's Challenge Quiz team. So if you love learning new things and enjoy studying join us everyday after school at the back of the library from 3-5pm. Come and enjoy as we train and master 17 subject areas to compete among 64 schools in 6 rounds on national television to be the next School's Challenge Quiz Champions.
The Tutoring Club
This group is composed of tutors, from grades 12 and 13 only that share a passion for teaching. We each specialize in a specific subject and grade. Our service is offered to students from grade 7-11 of Immaculate Conception High as well as to students of Constant Spring Primary and Junior High School. This club is now divided into departments, namely Humanities, Languages, Business and The Sciences. Whether it is Math, Chemistry, Spanish or test preparation, our tutors are driven and focused in their assigned task/s. Our goal is to boost the confidence needed to succeed. We, warmly encourage all students who are falling behind in their classes or simply not getting ahead to become a member in this club which is targeted solely at success. With our enthusiasm and motivation, we have had excellent results.
Five Facts about the club
- This club has been existence for five years.
- This is a service club. Tutees are not entitled to pay for any tutorials and there are no hidden costs. Tutors, however, are required to pay monthly dues.
- Tutoring is done in all subject areas.
- Tutors work either internally or externally.
- Tutoring club is The BEST CLUB
Executive Body 2017 - 2018
- Our faculty advisor is Mrs. Faith McCook, the Dean of Academic Studies.
- President: Chanique Cobourne
- External coordinator: Suelan Fung
- Internal Coordinator: Jheanel Brooks
- Secretary: Ashley McPherson
- Treasurer: Anna Morrison
- Assistant Treasurer: Gabrielle Channer
Activities for Term One
- Sept. 13- Welcome to all tutors and prospective tutors (PowerPoint presentation)
- Sept. 24- Internal Tutorials begin
- Oct.1-External tutorials begin
- Nov.5-9 SBA reviews for grade 11 students
- Nov 12-16- IA reviews for sixth form students
- Nov.19-30- Past paper reviews part one (conducted by teachers)
- Nov.23- Bake Sale
- Dec.3-7- Past paper reviews part two (conducted by tutors)
- Dec.14- Mini-award ceremony and after-party