The ICHS Alumnae Association offers scholarships to both current students and graduates.
Tertiary Education Scholarships for ICHS Graduates
ICHS Alumnae Scholarships
The ICHS Alumnae Association offers scholarships to ICHS graduates who will be pursuing full-time course of study at the:
• The University of the West Indies (UWI),
• The University of Technology (UTECH) or other local tertiary level institutions.
Monica Wright Education Grant
Monica Wright Education Grant (donated by the Wright Sisters, in memory of their mother) is given to a graduate to pursue full-time study in education.
Hall of Fame Scholarships
Bi-annually, the ICHS Alumnae Association hosts a fundraising dinner where we induct outstanding alumnae into our Hall of Fame, whilst raising funds for the Hall of Fame Scholarship. The number of scholarships offered depends on the amount of funds raised. The scholarships listed above can be applied to using the application form for the ICHS Alumnae Scholarship. The deadline for application of these
Scholarships for Current ICHS Students
There are special awards donated by our Alumnae Association at Graduation and/or Prizegiving each year. These include the Principal's Award, Davidica Award and Sr. Anne Memorial Award among others:
- 1. The Principal’s Award - Given each year to the graduate who comes closest to achieving the standard of character expected in the ideal ICHS student.
- 2. The Davidica Award - Given as financial assistance to cover the cost of books and other expenses incurred during the first year of tertiary studies. The Grade 13 student is recommended to the Awards Committee by Grade 13 teachers. The student should have attended ICHS since Grade Seven and intends to pursue tertiary students within a year. She must display loyalty to school and exemplify Christian spirit, attitude and way of life.
- 3. The Sr. Anne Memorial Award - Given in memory of a former Vice Principal and the first Head of the Modern Language Department. This is a monetary award presented to the graduate or Grade 13 student of the year who has excelled in Modern Language and who has been recommended by the Modern Language Department. The awardee must also have the intention to pursue further studies in Modern Language.
- 4. The Herona Thompson Award - Awarded to a student who performs excellently in Geography and Music.
- 5. The Gordon Sisters Award - More information to be provided soon.
Do you want to contribute to an existing scholarship or create your own scholarship fund?
Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org