Welcome to the ICHS Alumnae Association page!
The ICHSAA was established in March 1932.For over 85 years, we have sought to:
- foster the Interest of ICHS in past students.
- keep graduates in close and constant contact with each other and with the school.
- assist their Alma Mater and other charitable and educational institutions.
The ICHSAA has a mascot, Mackenzie who is featured in our correspondences from time to time. In this section, we answer a few of the more common questions that you may have about the ICHSAA.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I am a graduate of ICHS, am I automatically a member of the alumnae association?
Every graduate of ICHS is an alumna. An alumna is automatically eligible for membership in the ICHSAA. However, one only becomes a member if they have completed the membership form, and paid the annual dues of $1000. All paid up members have a vote at our Annual General Meeting.
2. How can I get involved?
Graduates are invited to join the Association each year at a special function held in honour just before their graduation.
There is a three step process to join the prestigious ICHS Alumnae Association:
- Complete a membership form. These can be accessed
- The following link: http://tiny.cc/ichsalumformja/
- in Person: Forms are available at the ICHS Convent, at the front desk.
- Pay your yearly dues of $1000 (N.B. $500 for sixth formers)
- Participate in a minimum of two activities per year, in order to be considered an active member.
3. Do I have to be rich and successful to join?
Quite the contrary! We are looking for average persons with a genuine passion for their school. Our active membership ranges from sixth formers to retirees, with each individual being needed. We have a Public Relations/Membership arm, Fundraising, Floor members (lending a general helping hand), big sisters. If you have a few hours to spare a month and a passion for your school, that is all we need.
4. Why should I join?
This is an opportunity to network with individuals from every walk of life – as we all know, ICHS ladies are everywhere.
Was there a skill which you wanted to hone – public speaking? social media management? There is no better opportunity, get feedback and practical experience.
In search of volunteerism opportunities? We are active in our community, both within school and out of school. Do you desire a sisterhood? A closer sisterhood cannot be found than this! It is a way of renewing friendships, sharing ideas, fellowship, and giving back to our school and community at large; as well as, to expand your network and connect with like-minded professionals through international, regional, and local events.
5. I am overseas, can I still join?
We have chapters around the world. Visit our Chapters tab for more information.
6. What would I do, as a member of the alumnae association?
Each month we have monthly planning meetings, usually held the second Sunday of each month, except August and December. Attending these meetings usually provides inspiration as to where your skills are needed. Each month, we typically have at least two events. These can range from Big Sister visits to bake sales to social outings to creative activities and membership recruitment. No two months will ever be alike. This is one opportunity to be mentored, while being mentored. Our photo album should also give insight into what we do.View Gallery