ARTICLE i - NAME
THE NAME OF THIS ASSOCIATION SHALL BE THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION HIGH SCHOOL HOME AND SCHOOL ASSOCIATION (ICHS-HSA)
ARTICLE ii - INTERPRETATION
IN THESE RULES UNLESS THE TEXT SHALL OTHERWISE REQUIRE “THE ASSOCIATION” SHALL MEAN ICHS HOME & SCHOOL ASSOCIATION.
ARTICLE iii - OBJECTIVES
THE OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSOCIATION SHALL BE:
- OPERATE WITHIN THE AMBIT OF THE SCHOOL VALUE SYSTEM AND BY DOING SO REINFORCE THE SCHOOL’S MISSION AND VALUES.
- TO PROMOTE A CLEARER UNDERSTANDING OF THE MUTUAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF PARENTS AND TEACHERS REGARDING THE EDUCATION OF THE STUDENTS.
- TO ENCOURAGE A GREATER DEGREE OF CO-OPERATION BETWEEN THE HOME AND SCHOOL IN DISCHARGING THEIR RESPONSIBILITIES CONCERNING THE RELIGIOUS, MORAL AND CIVIL TRAINING OF THE STUDENTS.
- TO HELP PARENTS TO ACQUIRE AND IMPROVE PARENTING SKILLS IN ORDER TO BE MORE EFFECTIVE IN THE GUIDANCE AND TRAINING OF THEIR CHILDREN.
- TO RAISE FUNDS TO ASSIST WITH THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE SCHOOL’S FACILITIES AND THE WELFARE OF STAFF AND STUDENTS.
ARTICLE IV - RESPECT FOR SCHOOL POLICIES
THE ASSOCIATION SHALL RESPECT THE ESTABLISHED SCHOOL POLICIES AND PRACTICES AS FORMULATED BY THE BOARD OF GOVERNORS AND THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SCHOOL.
ARTICLE v - MEMBERSHIP
MEMBERSHIP SHALL CONSIST OF ALL PARENTS OR GUARDIANS OF THE STUDENTS, THE PRINCIPAL AND FACULTY MEMBERS OF THE SCHOOL.
ARTICLE VI - OFFICERS
THE OFFICERS OF THE ASSOCIATION SHALL BE:
• VICE PRESIDENT
• ASSISTANT SECRETARY
• ASSISTANT TREASURER
• PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
• ASSISTANT PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
OFFICERS SHALL BE ELECTED AT THE GENERAL MEETING HELD DURING THE FIRST TERM OF EACH SCHOOL YEAR AND SHALL BE ELIGIBLE FOR RE-ELECTION. ROTATION OF OFFICERS IS ALLOWED.
ARTICLE vii – TERM LIMITS
THE OFFICERS SHALL NOT SERVE MORE THAN THREE (3) CONSECUTIVE ONE YEAR TERMS WITHIN THE SAME POSITION. AN OFFICER WHO HAS NOT SERVED FOR A YEAR, WITHIN HIS/HER PREVIOUS POSITION SHALL BE ELIGIBLE FOR RE-ELECTION.
ARTICLE viii - ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE ASSOCIATION SHALL BE IN THE FIRST TERM OF EACH SCHOOL YEAR. NOTICE OF SUCH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING SHALL BE GIVEN AT LEAST TWO (2) WEEKS PRIOR TO SUCH MEETING. AT THIS MEETING, THE ANNUAL REPORT AND FINANCIAL STATEMENTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31, MAY OF THAT YEAR SHALL BE PRESENTED.
ARTICLE ix - AMENDMENTS
THE CONSTITUTION OF THE ASSOCIATION MAY BE AMENDED AT ANY GENERAL MEETING BY
- A TWO-THIRD MAJORITY VOTE OF THE MEMBERS PRESENT, PROVIDED SUCH AMENDMENTS HAVE BEEN PRESENTED IN WRITING TO THE ASSOCIATION AT THE MEETING PRECEDING THE GENERAL MEETING; OR
- A UNANIMOUS VOTE WITHOUT NOTICE.
ARTICLE xi - CONTRIBUTION
MEMBERS’ COLLAB TO THE ASSOCIATION SHALL BE AN AMOUNT AGREED ON ANNUALLY BY THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE AND RATIFIED BY THE SCHOOL’S BOARD.
ARTICLE xii - EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE SHALL CONSIST OF TWENTY ONE (21) MEMBERS, INCLUDING THE PRESIDENT, VICE PRESIDENT, SECRETARY, ASSISTANT SECRETARY, TREASURER, ASSISTANT TREASURER, PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER, ASSISTANT PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER, THE PRINCIPAL, ONE (1) MEMBER OF THE FACULTY SELECTED FROM AMONGST THEMSELVES AND APPROVED BY THE PRINCIPAL, AND ELEVEN (11) OTHER MEMBERS FROM THE ASSOCIATION.
EACH MEMBER ELECTED TO THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE SHALL SERVE FOR A PERIOD OF ONE (1) YEAR. OFFICERS AND MEMBERS OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE, WHO FAIL TO ATTEND THREE (3) CONSECUTIVE MEETINGS OF THE COMMITTEE WITHOUT NOTIFICATION, AUTOMATICALLY FORFEIT THEIR POSITION.
IF A VACANCY SHALL ARISE THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MAY FILL SUCH VACANCY FROM TIME TO TIME BUT THE MEMBER SO SELECTED SHALL ONLY SERVE FOR THE BALANCE OF THE TERM REMAINING OF THE MEMBER WHO HAS FORFEITED THEIR POSITION.
THE IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT OF THE ASSOCIATION SHALL BE AN EX- OFFICIO MEMBER OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE.
ARTICLE xiii - FUNCTIONS OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- TO GUIDE AND DIRECT THE AFFAIRS OF THE ASSOCIATION.
- TO REPRESENT THE INTEREST OF THE ASSOCIATION TO THE BOARD OF GOVERNORS AND TO OTHER BODIES CONCERNED WITH PROMOTING EDUCATION.
- TO ALLOCATE AND USE FUNDS OF THE ASSOCIATION AS MAY BE AGREED.
ARTICLE xiv – SUB -COMMITTEES
THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE SHALL HAVE THE POWER TO APPOINT SUCH SUB COMMITTEES AS MAY BE NECESSARY. THE SUB COMMITTEES SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO CO-OPT SUCH ADDITIONAL MEMBERS FROM THE ASSOCIATION AS MAY BE NECESSARY. THE SUB COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN SHALL BE APPOINTED BY THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE AND SHALL BE A MEMBER OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE.
ARTICLE xv - MEETINGS
THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE ASSOCIATION SHALL BE HELD ONCE PER SCHOOL TERM. A SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING MAY BE CALLED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
MEETINGS OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE SHALL BE HELD MONTHLY DURING THE SCHOOL TERMS, EXCEPT IN CASES OF EMERGENCY WHEN A SPECIAL MEETING MAY BE CALLED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING AND A COPY OF THE AGENDA SHALL BE FORWARDED TO EACH MEMBER AT LEAST TWO (2) WORKING DAYS BEFORE EACH MEETING.
ARTICLE xvi – QUORUM
SECTION 1: THE QUORUM OF AN ASSOCIATION GENERAL MEETING SHALL BE ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY (150) MEMBERS.
SECTION 2: THE QUORUM OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE SHALL BE SEVEN (7) MEMBERS, TWO (2) OF WHOM SHALL BE OFFICERS.
ARTICLE xvii – HSA REPRESENTATIVE TO THE SCHOOL BOARD
THE PRESIDENT OF THE ASSOCIATION SHALL FULFIL THIS ROLE. IN THE EVENT THE PRESIDENT IS UNAVAILABLE TO FULFIL THAT FUNCTION, THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE SHALL NOMINATE FROM AMONGST THEMSELVES, A BOARD REPRESENTATIVE.
ARTICLE xviii – AMENDMENTS
THE BY LAWS MAY BE AMENDED AT ANY REGULAR MEETING BY:
- A TWO-THIRD MAJORITY VOTE OF THE MEMBERS PRESENT, PROVIDED NOTICE HAD BEEN GIVEN IN WRITING AT THE PREVIOUS REGULAR MEETING, OR
- A UNANIMOUS VOTE WITHOUT PREVIOUS NOTICE.
ARTICLE 1 - DUTIES OF OFFICERS
SECTION 1: THE PRESIDENT SHALL PRESIDE AT THE MEETINGS OF THE ASSOCIATION AND OF ITS EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE AND SHALL BE EX-OFFICIO MEMBER OF ALL COMMITTEES AND SHALL PERFORM ALL OTHER DUTIES PERTAINING TO THE OFFICE.
SECTION 2: THE VICE PRESIDENT, IN THE ABSENCE OF THE PRESIDENT, SHALL PERFORM ALL THE DUTIES OF THE PRESIDENT AND SUCH DUTIES AS ARE ASSIGNED TO THIS OFFICE.
SECTION 3: THE SECRETARY SHALL
- KEEP THE MINUTES OF ALL MEETINGS OF THE ASSOCIATION AND OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE;
- KEEP A LIST OF ALL MEMBERS OF THE ASSOCIATION; AND
- DISCHARGE SUCH DUTIES AS ARE INCUMBENT UPON THE OFFICE.
SECTION 4: THE ASSISTANT SECRETARY SHALL WORK IN CLOSE COLLABORATION WITH THE SECRETARY, ASSIST WITH THE SECRETARIAL DUTIES AND DEPUTIZE IN THE ABSENCE OF THE SECRETARY.
SECTION 5: THE TREASURER SHALL RECEIVE ALL MONIES OF THE ASSOCIATION, DISBURSE FUNDS AS DIRECTED BY THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE, AND SHALL KEEP AN ACCURATE ACCOUNT OF ALL SUCH TRANSACTIONS.
SECTION 6: THE ASSISTANT TREASURER SHALL WORK IN CLOSE COLLABORATION WITH THE TREASURER, ASSIST WITH DUTIES AND DEPUTIZE IN THE ABSENCE OF THE TREASURER.
SECTION 7: THE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER (PRO) SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMMUNICATING WITH ALL MEMBERS OF THE ASSOCIATION AND FOR PUBLICISING THE ACTIVITIES OF THE ASSOCIATION.
SECTION 8: THE ASSISTANT PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER (PRO) SHALL WORK IN CLOSE COLLABORATION WITH THE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER, ASSIST WITH DUTIES AND DEPUTIZE IN THE ABSENCE OF THE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER.
SECTION 9: THE OFFICERS SHALL BE ELECTED AT THE GENERAL MEETING HELD DURING THE FIRST TERM OF EACH SCHOOL YEAR.
September 28, 2021
Edited September 26, 2022
The Immaculate Conception High School Home and School Association (HASA) is now a legal entity. HASA was registered in April 2009 and this will see the association operating with limited liability for its executives and members.
Aims and Objectives of HASA:
- To help parents and teachers acquire a full appreciation of the ideals of a Christian education.
- To promote clearer understanding of the mutual educational responsibilities of parent s and teachers.
- To encourage the home and school to a greater degree of co-operation in discharging their responsibilities concerning the religious, moral and civil training of the pupils.
- To help parents in studying and promoting influences and methods best suited to make effective the guidance and training of their children.
- To raise and disburse funds to assist with the development of the school' facilities.
HASA Executive Committee 2019/2020
|PRESIDENT||-||Mrs. AVA BLAKE|
|VICE PRESIDENT||-||Mrs. AVIA WATKIN CHEVANNES|
|SECRETARY||-||Ms. LISA BELNAVIS|
|ASSISTANT SECRETARY||-||Mrs. MARILYN McDONALD-WATSON|
|TREASURER||-||Ms. KAREN RAMSEY|
|ASSISTANT TREASURER||-||Dr. DIANA DAVIS SMITH|
|PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER||-||Ms. RENEE MENZIES McCALLUM|
|ASSISTANT PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER||-||Mrs. JUDY KINGHORN|
Contact us at:
As encapsulated by our name - we are a Home School association (HSA) and function similarly to a PTA. As a group, we are committed to working in partnership with parents in order to achieve the very best education possible for all our girls.
Parents can support us in a number of ways:
First and foremost, we ask parents to take an active interest and involvement in their children’s
schoolwork and their social lives. This includes monitoring and supporting their efforts, reviewing their google classroom weekly
(while we remain remote), and encouraging them to take full advantage of the wide range of opportunities we offer.
ICHS HSA holds an Annual General Meeting in the first term and one meeting per term thereafter. There are also class reps and homeroom “Whatsapp” groups as well as HSA letters and emails that we use to send correspondences during the school year to inform parents about various aspects of school life.
The HSA is always happy to have parents contact us with any concerns or commendations
about any aspect of the school. We have an excellent relationship with the ICHS team and will continue to
work with and support the Principal and the Faculty. The HSA strongly encourages all parents to be involved with us
and to support our social, educational, and fundraising activities which enhances the overall learning experience for
all ICHS girls.
You too can become a member of the HSA if you are interested in serving, we welcome all helping hands.